Forum

AquaRank.com

Crazy multipunctatus!

For all your lovely bottom dwelling fish. Share your expertise and show of your pics.

Re: Crazy multipunctatus!

Postby Clare » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:59 am

Blimey lol
We supply high quality, home bred Malawi Cichlids to the UK http://www.tonysafricancichlids.co.uk Next day courier £15 Sat courier £26
Image
User avatar
Clare
ADMIN
ADMIN
 
Posts: 6780
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:56 pm
Location: Stockport

Re: Crazy multipunctatus!

Postby Tony » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:01 am

tbh,the fishes behaviour suggests its realy not likeing the water in that tank ??
Tony & Clare - UK's largest dedicated home breeders of Malawi Cichlids
Image
http://www.tonysafricancichlids.co.uk
User avatar
Tony
TOP POSTER
TOP POSTER
 
Posts: 4998
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:13 pm
Location: Bridlington, East Yorkshire
Location: Bridlington

Re: Crazy multipunctatus!

Postby Clare » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:02 am

Tony wrote:tbh,the fishes behaviour suggests its realy not likeing the water in that tank ??


Possibly but the other fish do not seem stressed, well the one I saw in the video. I think it might be a case of totally empty tank, no room for them to hide as they love to hide at that size and getting totally stressed.
We supply high quality, home bred Malawi Cichlids to the UK http://www.tonysafricancichlids.co.uk Next day courier £15 Sat courier £26
Image
User avatar
Clare
ADMIN
ADMIN
 
Posts: 6780
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:56 pm
Location: Stockport

Re: Crazy multipunctatus!

Postby Tony » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:13 am

Clare wrote:Possibly but the other fish do not seem stressed, .


the other fish may have scales and not feel irritations so much ?
Tony & Clare - UK's largest dedicated home breeders of Malawi Cichlids
Image
http://www.tonysafricancichlids.co.uk
User avatar
Tony
TOP POSTER
TOP POSTER
 
Posts: 4998
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:13 pm
Location: Bridlington, East Yorkshire
Location: Bridlington

Re: Crazy multipunctatus!

Postby Tony » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:43 am

Barry wrote:I suppose that might account for them hiding away too, rather than swimming about?


i think that is more down to preditor syndrome tbh,if it was the water they would be swimming up and down the glass ,i always think they are trying to swim out of the tank to escape the water condition ,just my thoughts ,might be totaly wrong :text-lol:
Tony & Clare - UK's largest dedicated home breeders of Malawi Cichlids
Image
http://www.tonysafricancichlids.co.uk
User avatar
Tony
TOP POSTER
TOP POSTER
 
Posts: 4998
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:13 pm
Location: Bridlington, East Yorkshire
Location: Bridlington

Re: Crazy multipunctatus!

Postby Clare » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:29 am

Tony wrote:
Barry wrote:I suppose that might account for them hiding away too, rather than swimming about?


i think that is more down to preditor syndrome tbh,if it was the water they would be swimming up and down the glass ,i always think they are trying to swim out of the tank to escape the water condition ,just my thoughts ,might be totaly wrong :text-lol:


I thought swimming up and down the glass was new home syndrome. All new fish tend to do this for a while until they realise that part of the glass is not all that there is and then they venture to the other parts of the tank. I might be completely wrong in what I say too lol.
We supply high quality, home bred Malawi Cichlids to the UK http://www.tonysafricancichlids.co.uk Next day courier £15 Sat courier £26
Image
User avatar
Clare
ADMIN
ADMIN
 
Posts: 6780
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:56 pm
Location: Stockport

Re: Crazy multipunctatus!

Postby Tony » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:38 am

Clare wrote:I thought swimming up and down the glass was new home syndrome. All new fish tend to do this for a while until they realise that part of the glass is not all that there is and then they venture to the other parts of the tank.


on the same vien i think ,the fish swimming up and down the glass is water related ,fish getting used to it ,and trying to swim back /into better water or water they have just come out of etc etc ,,,
Tony & Clare - UK's largest dedicated home breeders of Malawi Cichlids
Image
http://www.tonysafricancichlids.co.uk
User avatar
Tony
TOP POSTER
TOP POSTER
 
Posts: 4998
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:13 pm
Location: Bridlington, East Yorkshire
Location: Bridlington

Re: Crazy multipunctatus!

Postby Clare » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:39 am

Tony wrote:
Clare wrote:I thought swimming up and down the glass was new home syndrome. All new fish tend to do this for a while until they realise that part of the glass is not all that there is and then they venture to the other parts of the tank.


on the same vien i think ,the fish swimming up and down the glass is water related ,fish getting used to it ,and trying to swim back /into better water or water they have just come out of etc etc ,,,


Cool so I was right in thinking that all these years then. So it is not really related to water quality. Just a settling in process they all go through.
We supply high quality, home bred Malawi Cichlids to the UK http://www.tonysafricancichlids.co.uk Next day courier £15 Sat courier £26
Image
User avatar
Clare
ADMIN
ADMIN
 
Posts: 6780
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:56 pm
Location: Stockport

Re: Crazy multipunctatus!

Postby Tony » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:45 am

Clare wrote:
Cool so I was right in thinking that all these years then. So it is not really related to water quality. Just a settling in process they all go through.


yeah kind of ,but could be either realy wrong/bad water or as you say a settling in thing.
Tony & Clare - UK's largest dedicated home breeders of Malawi Cichlids
Image
http://www.tonysafricancichlids.co.uk
User avatar
Tony
TOP POSTER
TOP POSTER
 
Posts: 4998
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:13 pm
Location: Bridlington, East Yorkshire
Location: Bridlington

Re: Crazy multipunctatus!

Postby Clare » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:48 am

Tony wrote:
Clare wrote:
Cool so I was right in thinking that all these years then. So it is not really related to water quality. Just a settling in process they all go through.


yeah kind of ,but could be either realy wrong/bad water or as you say a settling in thing.


Right, I see.

But this does not mean every fish keeper has to be paranoid of new fish doing this. There are other factors which can be visually seen to establish bad water.
We supply high quality, home bred Malawi Cichlids to the UK http://www.tonysafricancichlids.co.uk Next day courier £15 Sat courier £26
Image
User avatar
Clare
ADMIN
ADMIN
 
Posts: 6780
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:56 pm
Location: Stockport

Re: Crazy multipunctatus!

Postby Tony » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:50 am

Clare wrote: There are other factors which can be visually seen to establish bad water.


yep ,they turn upside down :handgestures-thumbup:
Tony & Clare - UK's largest dedicated home breeders of Malawi Cichlids
Image
http://www.tonysafricancichlids.co.uk
User avatar
Tony
TOP POSTER
TOP POSTER
 
Posts: 4998
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:13 pm
Location: Bridlington, East Yorkshire
Location: Bridlington

Re: Crazy multipunctatus!

Postby Clare » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:51 am

Tony wrote:
Clare wrote: There are other factors which can be visually seen to establish bad water.


yep ,they turn upside down :handgestures-thumbup:


Friggin plonker. :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:
We supply high quality, home bred Malawi Cichlids to the UK http://www.tonysafricancichlids.co.uk Next day courier £15 Sat courier £26
Image
User avatar
Clare
ADMIN
ADMIN
 
Posts: 6780
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:56 pm
Location: Stockport

Re: Crazy multipunctatus!

Postby Clare » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:04 pm

Barry wrote: Surely they wouldn't do that if there was anything wrong with the water?


:handgestures-thumbup:
We supply high quality, home bred Malawi Cichlids to the UK http://www.tonysafricancichlids.co.uk Next day courier £15 Sat courier £26
Image
User avatar
Clare
ADMIN
ADMIN
 
Posts: 6780
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:56 pm
Location: Stockport

Re: Crazy multipunctatus!

Postby ant » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:51 am

We have a weather loach called bernard( dont ask it was not me) in our cold water tank and he swims constantly across the front when he sees you in the room....
Left, right,left,right and so on..
Go out of the room and in minutes hes stopped..
User avatar
ant
SEMI-ADULT
SEMI-ADULT
 
Posts: 653
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:36 pm
Location: Lancashire
Location: 5mins off Of M66

Re: Crazy multipunctatus!

Postby stuey » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:48 pm

that funny fish lol
stuey
EGG
EGG
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:35 am
Location: darlington

Re: Crazy multipunctatus!

Postby SirBillShankly » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:35 pm

I had two multis that did exactly the same 8 years ago in an old tank. I now have about 7 or 8 and haven't witnessed this behaviour.

However, i have two adults, males i think, who follow each other around and seem happy with each other but will fight mouth to mouth on a regular basis. Can someone shed some light on this behaviour? Is it a battle over dominance?
SirBillShankly
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:43 pm
Location: felixstowe


Return to Catfish, Plecos and Bottom Dwellers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron



TONY'S AFRICAN CICHLIDS


RAK-AQUA


ZM SYSTEMS