Forum

AquaRank.com

Royal Python madness.

For all your photos of everything else that is not fish related.

Royal Python madness.

Postby Clare » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:16 am

Visited a friends a while ago and took some photos of his python collection.

We supply high quality, home bred Malawi Cichlids to the UK http://www.tonysafricancichlids.co.uk Next day courier £15 Sat courier £26
Clare
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Royal Python madness.

Postby bee » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:59 am

Wow :text-coolphotos: and cool snakes.
My Mbuna tank: 250lt custom, Eheim 2213, Fluval 404, 90kg granite & coral sand.
bee
EGG
EGG

Postby dogface » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:58 pm

Hi clare your a bit of a dark horse !!just been looking at all the picks you have put on the sight you have a good eye for a shot the ones in the park are spot on you got the rule of thirds just right in a lot of them and the mist always makes for a good shot.you weretrying to get your picks to look old in the soft ware you have look for a setting for sepia tone that will give you the old brown effect that you got in older picks and if you can get your hands on a graduating filter there handy for dramatic skys as they are dark at the top an fade into clear not fed up with me ranting on yet heres something else for you to try the next time your at the park with the fountain take a pick as you would them without moving the camera take another pick but this time use a very slow shutter speed of 1 or 2 sec and you will see the flowing water will come out as it is cotton wool i have done loads of shots like this and picked up a few prizes along the way but im still old school with the dark room and the enlarger wouldent know where to start with all this soft ware you get now better go now can here you shouting get hin off that computer so keep up the good work with the picks girl your doing a dam fine job. cheers davy.....
dogface
EGG
EGG

Postby Celtic Fins » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:07 pm

WoW cool snakes and fab photos Clare. Those snakes look pretty big. :handgestures-thumbup:
Celtic Fins
FRY
FRY

Postby Clare » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:45 pm

dogface wrote:Hi clare your a bit of a dark horse !!just been looking at all the picks you have put on the sight you have a good eye for a shot the ones in the park are spot on you got the rule of thirds just right in a lot of them and the mist always makes for a good shot.you weretrying to get your picks to look old in the soft ware you have look for a setting for sepia tone that will give you the old brown effect that you got in older picks and if you can get your hands on a graduating filter there handy for dramatic skys as they are dark at the top an fade into clear not fed up with me ranting on yet heres something else for you to try the next time your at the park with the fountain take a pick as you would them without moving the camera take another pick but this time use a very slow shutter speed of 1 or 2 sec and you will see the flowing water will come out as it is cotton wool i have done loads of shots like this and picked up a few prizes along the way but im still old school with the dark room and the enlarger wouldent know where to start with all this soft ware you get now better go now can here you shouting get hin off that computer so keep up the good work with the picks girl your doing a dam fine job. cheers davy.....

Thanks DF, I am always waiting for constructive cririsism, I always find that is the best way to better yourself and further your ability, especially when it comes to photography. I have no filters as yet, as I have said, only really dslr for touching 4 years and not must kit was collected. I focus mainly on snaps and fish, other stuff just comes as a secondary subject.

The slow shutter, I have done this many times on the said fountain and also the waterfall in my local park but I just can never have the patience with the tripod when the park is busy and I always choose a time to go when the place is busy. Went for slow shutters on the motorway one night and it was too cold so either either I never win.. catch 22 lol.
We supply high quality, home bred Malawi Cichlids to the UK http://www.tonysafricancichlids.co.uk Next day courier £15 Sat courier £26
Clare
ADMIN
ADMIN

Return to Non Fish related Photos