Forum

AquaRank.com

water storage and pump uses

Tell us about your DIY projects, fish houses, backgrounds etc.

water storage and pump uses

Postby nathan adey » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:52 am

hi dont know where this should go,but here goes.
having found that my water changes were taking foever, and the distance,carpet,and GLEN bless her, were getting worse i decided to buy another big WATER BUTT, the same as ive already got for rain etc. anyway this one ive put in the garage[amazing just what people keep in their garages in stead of cars, mybe we should start ablog on whats in the garage this week.] having then fig out the distance from w/butt to window and tank[ 25mts] ive cut a hose pipe acc to size, im lucky to have agood guy with atropical fish and pound place, anyway having spoken to LUKE about my idea he sold me a garden pump new and they are not that expense, but if you get any problems let me know and i could perhaps send it from here, anyway all i did was connect pump to pipe,fill w/butt two or three days before water change add ph powder add and switch on heater[spare one for tank] , check water quality next morning. then day of water change, take dirty water out off tank via pipe through window to GARDEN WATER BUTT place in garage pipe secure properly, switch on garden pump,SWITCH OFF HEATER, DO MY TANK MANTINACE ETC ETC. THIS WAY THERE IS NO MESS AT ALL AND MORE IIMPORTANLY NO EARACHE. hope that this my help someone
best regards
nathan
nathan adey
EGG
EGG

Re: water storage and pump uses

Postby Cookie_uk » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:59 pm

Sounds like a good idea any pics
Cookie_uk
EGG
EGG

Postby nathan adey » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:08 pm

sorry cookie, but no, having said that, trust me it so very simple, and of course the bigger the water butt, the bigger the water change . hope this helps you my pal
regards nathan
nathan adey
EGG
EGG

Postby Clare » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:26 pm

Sounds like a plan. Let us know how it spans out. :tu:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
We supply high quality, home bred Malawi Cichlids to the UK http://www.tonysafricancichlids.co.uk Next day courier £15 Sat courier £26
Clare
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby Frenzyfish » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:25 am

Neat idea. Would you add your aqua solutions to the water butt? Also would you leave an air line in their to keep it from stagnating? Cheers
Frenzyfish
EGG
EGG

Postby Ratmando » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:06 am

I like butts too.

Sounds similar to my system.

200L water butt outside.

Long hose from tank to grid.

I fill the water butt up from the tap as I empty 200L from the tank.

Condition water, then pump back in (using a cheapo APS water pump).

I don't really bother getting the spot on temperature, I just have a thermometer in there to make sure it isn't too hot.

Only difference being to you is I fill up on the day, not a few before. But then I don't use any PH powder.
Ratmando
FRY
FRY

Return to DIY