Forum

AquaRank.com

Wharf aquatics

for reviews on your local fish stores

Wharf aquatics

Postby adamneilwilson » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:28 pm

I've been to Wharf aquatics in Derbyshire today, and have to say that out of all the fish stores I have been to, this was by far the best. A great selection of mbuna all labelled correctly and it their own tanks, no "mixed Malawi" labels in sight. Loads of friendly knowledgeable staff ready to help. They also had a load of reptiles and spiders on show too, and they custom make tanks there too! Would thoroughly recommend to anyone able to get through there!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
adamneilwilson
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Re: Wharf aquatics

Postby vinboy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:09 pm

Been there too at first glance compered to other lfs it is better with there rifts but most still farm bred asian quality.
Cant beat geting stock from private sellers they have much more time on are choosen fish.
Wharf staff are very good and ask you alot even made me a brew as i had come all the way from liverpool well worth the vist
some good l-numbers when i went.
Am sure your lad in your photo enjoyed the reptiles.
vinboy
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Postby adamneilwilson » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:09 pm

Hi vinboy, I agree that private breeders are much better, I've been to Tonys a few times now and nothing compares. But as a shop this was much better than what I'm used to, and the quality of fish and knowledge of staff much better than anywhere else I have visited, and its a good alternative for people who cannot get to Tonys...

adamneilwilson
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Postby vinboy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:03 pm

adamneilwilson wrote:Hi vinboy, I agree that private breeders are much better, I've been to Tonys a few times now and nothing compares. But as a shop this was much better than what I'm used to, and the quality of fish and knowledge of staff much better than anywhere else I have visited, and its a good alternative for people who cannot get to Tonys...

True thats why they get a good review always.
The age of there staff shows no kids who no little all adult long time hobbists.

I would rate pier aquatics over them for fish stock ie lots of wilds but not rifts.
A to Z aquatics was good on my first vist but went last week terrible malawis and staff were clueless.
For bread an butter rifts sweet knowle aquatics is good always lots in :tu:
Been all over country i have sometimes really let down by stores then also shocked by some little aquatics with great fish.

Am looking forward to tony&clares onday am sure i will enjoy.
vinboy
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Wharf aquatics

Postby adamneilwilson » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:41 pm

I'll have a look at those places and check them out next time I'm over that part of the country :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
adamneilwilson
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Postby Charley » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:09 pm

Went there few years back a guy calld snowy I think was in the fish room. He is a proper fish geek and loves his job and you could tell he new his onions
Charley
EGG
EGG

Return to LFS & Online retailers.