Forum

AquaRank.com

Any feedback on these?

for reviews on your local fish stores

Any feedback on these?

Postby toby843 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:43 pm

So as I live pretty far North getting my fish looks like its going to be quite difficult. So, the simple soloution is I will drive where I need to to get them. However, I have been looking about and I found what appears to be quite a big place in dundee, the house of pisces-tropicalfish-scotland.com

Anyone been there? Any good?
toby843
EGG
EGG

Re: Any feedback on these?

Postby fifer78 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:49 pm

They can have some decent stuff in but only if a breeder or someone giving up has dropped them in. You would be far better looking at a private breeder. Check AC or the for sale section on here. There are a few guys up your way, a couple of them have bought fish from me. It all depends on what you are looking for - you may be better off getting your fish posted up.
fifer78

Postby toby843 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:53 pm

fifer78 wrote:They can have some decent stuff in but only if a breeder or someone giving up has dropped them in. You would be far better looking at a private breeder. Check AC or the for sale section on here. There are a few guys up your way, a couple of them have bought fish from me. It all depends on what you are looking for - you may be better off getting your fish posted up.

Yeah I think thats probably the way I will go, through a breeder. I haven't really worked out what fish I'm gonna get yet, gonna be a little while yet, only getting the tank tomorrow so have to cycle it yet. Still trying to work my way through the million and one guides that are out there on which can go with wich etc.
Was just doing a bit of forward research really.
toby843
EGG
EGG

Postby fifer78 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:08 pm

toby843 wrote:
fifer78 wrote:They can have some decent stuff in but only if a breeder or someone giving up has dropped them in. You would be far better looking at a private breeder. Check AC or the for sale section on here. There are a few guys up your way, a couple of them have bought fish from me. It all depends on what you are looking for - you may be better off getting your fish posted up.

Yeah I think thats probably the way I will go, through a breeder. I haven't really worked out what fish I'm gonna get yet, gonna be a little while yet, only getting the tank tomorrow so have to cycle it yet. Still trying to work my way through the million and one guides that are out there on which can go with wich etc.
Was just doing a bit of forward research really.

Hopefully some of the guys local to you will get in contact....good luck with it all!!
fifer78

Postby Jimbo » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:39 pm

If you are going to Dundee, get in touch with Meeli. Just send him a pm.
He normally has some nice fish available
Jimbo

Postby Frazfisher » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:08 am

I will also be either going to Tonys to pick up fish or getting a delivery probably around 4-8 weeks time
You could pick up any you ordered from me, I am in ek near glasgow
Frazfisher

Postby madrave » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:15 am

i visited that shop when i was last up in dundee , house of pisces more like house of death ! 1 of the most horrible lfs i have ever been 2 better buy fish from craig
madrave
FRY
FRY

Postby Wils » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:16 am

same as fraz myself,gonna be heading to tony's in july ,second in i think.will do picks for nyone wanting any,bt will setup a separate post it soon.
The gene pool needs a little chlorine
Wils
SEMI-ADULT
SEMI-ADULT

Postby toby843 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:22 pm

Thanks everyone. I've started another topic in the malawi section on the fish I'd like so any suggestions on that or help sourcing would be great. Should be early next month, just waiting on the cycle
toby843
EGG
EGG

Return to LFS & Online retailers.