Forum

AquaRank.com

lfs in edinburgh

for reviews on your local fish stores

lfs in edinburgh

Postby John » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:01 pm

i bought a external filter about 7 months ago it was an eheim classic 2213. after about 3 months it lost all flow. took it back to the retailer and he told me he would send it away for repair. after a month i contacted the shop and they said it has just been sent to germany for testing( very strange when he could have plugged it in to his tanks) but i was ok with that. now 3 and a half months later still not been contacted by the shop i have to phone them all the time to find out about it and all i get is we havent herd anything yet we will let you know. i dont know if i have any rights on this. The best thing was me and the manager were friends before this all happend just shows you who you can trust does anybody on here know what i can do please :confusion-helpsos:
John
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Re: lfs in edinburgh

Postby wee billy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:13 pm

how long did u get on the guarantee
wee billy

Postby John » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:16 pm

well i was told by the retailerit had a year garantee on it but it was only 3 months old when it went faulty
John
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Postby wee billy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:45 pm

some m8 he was.i bought heaters a while back from a local shop and they never worked properly.i took them back and after a few words he returned my money.go c him face to face with ur guarantee and proof of purchase.3 mth is a joke m8.u need to be firmer with these ppl
wee billy

Postby John » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:20 pm

i have been in a few times will def try again its a joke
John
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Postby Jimbo » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:12 pm

your contract is with the shop - not the manufacturer.
he should have replaced it immediately - or at worst after checking it for himself.
tell him you are going to trading standards or citizens advice if you don't have this resllved within 7 days.
Would love to know what he expected you to if this had been the only filter you had - buy another or let the fish die?
Jimbo

Postby John » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:32 pm

i had to buy another one it was for my main tank so when i got the other on back it was for my fry tank. i will try that mate hopefully it works
John
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Postby eddie » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:25 pm

out of intrest whitch one in edinburugh was it
eddie
SEMI-ADULT
SEMI-ADULT

Postby panfield » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:26 pm

Jimbo wrote:your contract is with the shop - not the manufacturer.
he should have replaced it immediately - or at worst after checking it for himself.
tell him you are going to trading standards or citizens advice if you don't have this resllved within 7 days.
Would love to know what he expected you to if this had been the only filter you had - buy another or let the fish die?

As far as I know consumer law states that, as Jim said, your contract is with the shop and they should have offered you, 1 - your money back, 2 - an exchange or 3 - a repair, at your option.
I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member. - Groucho Marx
panfield
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Postby John » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:47 pm

its water wonders on gorgie road. he told me it can only be a repair. i never expected still to have no filter back in 3 months
John
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Next

Return to LFS & Online retailers.