Forum

AquaRank.com

Anyone used this guy on AC - David Carr

for reviews on your local fish stores

Re: Anyone used this guy on AC - David Carr

Postby Jimbo » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:20 pm

Remember - you get what you pay for. Buy cheap and buy twice.

I stocked my tank last week with fish from Tony and the fish are stunning. Some of the best examples of malawis I have seen - even his man made monsters , which I hate (d), but still bought just about every type he had as they were so nice. :text-lol:
Jimbo

Postby Adie » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:58 am

Have not bought from him myself but do know somone who did buy from him.

He was very honest that the fish did come from the far east, I contacted him when he first started to advertise as he had some rare ish fish on his list.

What put me off buying any thing from him was the fact all the fish he supposedly had were all male no females at all, this could indicate hormoned fish or he just choose all males as they are easier to sell i dont know.
Adie
ADULT
ADULT

Postby theknight44 » Sat May 29, 2010 10:59 pm

Hi Steve, Yes I've ordered from MR David Carr, And never again!!! I ordered several pairs of Aulonocare from him and lots of them ended up mails..But when I first opened the Box all the bags were soft and badly packed, I also had 2 bags burst and fish swimming around in the box half dead and 3 dead ones, When I rang him up and told him he said "I DON'T BELIEVE IT" Then he replied I'll send you some more, and I'm still waiting for them. That must be well over a year now.
So needles to say I have Black listed him... Hope this message helps other members.
Cheers to all.
theknight44
EGG
EGG

Postby Phil » Sun May 30, 2010 12:43 pm

Whats the 'other' forum? or can't you say? sorry not used to all this
Phil
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Postby Jimbo » Sun May 30, 2010 2:23 pm

Don't worry about it Phil - just somethimg that happened a long time ago and doesn't need dragged up again. :handgestures-thumbup:
Jimbo

Postby Abdul » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:12 pm

Well i ordered from him 2 months ago, he delivered dead fish to me, apparently it wasn't his fault.. even though i told him to use APC!!

well then he said to me, i'm going to send you more, and it has been 3 months.. and when i said to him, could i ask for a refund, he replyed " i need them for my funding, and i'm getting more lwanda's from thailand" that didn't happen..

I guess from my 1 year experience, i know where to buy my malawi's, not from LFS around manchester, but the best places are a good auction and Mal from southport, Tony from bridlington and Mike from london.. I guess those were the best quality and good fishes..
“There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.” A. Einstein.
Abdul
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Postby travisfickle » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:28 pm

Abdul - Location: Manchester City

Hope you are a City fan my boy! :)
travisfickle
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Postby Abdul » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:00 am

travisfickle wrote:Abdul - Location: Manchester City

Hope you are a City fan my boy! :)

Well I am a Liverpool fan my friend! ;) :clap:
“There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.” A. Einstein.
Abdul
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Previous

Return to LFS & Online retailers.