Forum

AquaRank.com

Facebook seller exposed , (The truth)

for reviews on your local fish stores

Facebook seller exposed , (The truth)

Postby Tony » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:01 pm

Hi,

What other sellers do and how they behave is none of our business UNTIL THEY involve us .

It appears we are being made out to be the bad boy's of the Malawi selling world by an individual and her husband ( Kim Rivvet and chris Rivvet )that were using our photo's of our fish to sell their own fish and giving some potentially catastrophic advice on their face book group.

I requested via private message to Kim Rivvet asking her to remove our Photo's from her listing's only to receive a curt reply stating that the Photo's were not our's ! , when offering proof they were she did remove the pic's ,At least one other well known breeder has had the same issues with this woman .

Some time after we are alerted to the fact that she is using our pictures yet again ,with not even a mention that they are not her pictures of her fish or not the fish for sale , If anything more giving the impression that they were ? .
See screen shot .

This appeared more or less within days of a clash with these people regarding a warning I had published regarding advice regarding the use of salt on every water 52 week's a year , as if this was not bad enough there was not one mention of even monitoring the salinity level's that would be building in these fresh water Malawi tank's , please see screen shot

They then go on to try and defend there advice actually misquoting Ad Koning's in a feeble attempt to save face and also attempted to ridicule myself on the public sites to boot despite other highly experienced and qualified people pointing out to them it was not a good or safe practice to be advising.

Ad Konings mentions Salt as a Medicine NOT a permanent usage !

She then went on to post on her group requesting that her member's came onto our group to report it in an attempt to have the group removed as I am a bully and no good to the hobby and the sooner I am out of it the better ,

screen shot

by this time I am thinking to myself OK , we ask her to stop using OUR pic's of OUR fish and put a notice out to our customers about the advice regarding salt and urge them not to adopt this practice ,please note no names mentioned what's so ever in the announcement , and we find ourselves being the bad boy's here ? , what for ? , asking for OUR pic's not to be used , and trying to avoid hobbyist's running into heart breaking expensive problem's ?

I did back up what I was saying regarding the salt by Quoting a VERY well respected Lady in the Hobby Mary Bailey .

Quote Mary Bailey

"> FRESHwater cichlids do not normally live in SALT water, apart from a few
> species that are coastal in their distribution and sometimes enter
brackish
> water.
>
> The osmoregulatory system of a freshwater fish is not designed to deal
with
> salt. Marinists do not dilute the salinity of their tanks from
> sea-normal, no more should we make our water semi-saline!
>
> Salt has certain medicinal uses for freshwater fishes. Back in the bad
old
> days when people knew little about water quality, and no test kits for
> nitrite, ammonia, nitrate were available, and partial water changes were a
> treat for the fish rather than regular maintenance, salt was the treatment
> of choice for the inevitable fungal and bacterial infections that cropped
> up regularly. Some aquarists started using salt as a prophylactic, again
> in ignorance of its possible harmful side-effects. And it got labelled
> "tonic salt". Knowledge has progressed, but aquarium salt is business for
> manufacturers and dealers, so we are still sold its possible benefits but
> not told that it is unnecessary and undesirable for routine use.
>
> It does no increase hardness, it does not increase pH, it merely makes
> water salty.
>
> MB "

Only for Chris Rivvet ridiculing her calling her nothing short of a bed time story book author that had only written a book on general tropical fish!, I told him to trot off and do a little more research before making a fool of himself any further . ( that turned out to be a waste of breath ) .

Kim Rivett went on to post several post's on her site trying to discredit Tony's African cichlid's full of innuendo and blatant lies about us , Kim think's that people are "spying " for us on her group but we are in fact on her group now and can actually see it for ourselves she added us involuntarily her self like she has done with most of the "members " on her group. we have witnessed genuine people ask genuine questions to Kim and if they are too awkward for her she removes the person asking the question and proceeds to brand them "trouble causers " .

One of her post's on her group is in fact what prompted this post of mine I am doing here .

Here it is :-

This is the part that amused me the most , hence doing what I am doing .

" If anybody tries to show me up! I will name and shame them all"

Here is a screen shot of a thread on Kim's group , please take the time to read the thread in the screen shot it show's this woman exactly what she is about !

After banning the person asking the question's she attempted to cover her track's and blatant lies she had told , Spot the difference ! , this is exactly the same thread as the one you have just read .

Does she also realise that the very fish is a line bred fish the very sort of fish she has just tried to slate us with ,

QUOTE Kim Revvit " selling what they call Line bred fish and then giving them a
name and selling them, when they are clearly Hybrids!! but because they have
years of fish breeding behind them they can get away with it "

Does she not realise that these fish do not breed true ? , this is why we will not sell them as youngsters , only when coloured pairs so the customer is getting what they have paid for :wink:

Like I said at the beginning of this post , what other sellers do is nothing to do with us ,and did notice some very misleading ad's with this women , here are one or two I can remember .

"You sex Demasoni by their barring "

She is selling a breeding pair of Wild clarias catfish from Lake Malawi under the name Clarias batrachus , this is the Asian Clarias cat fish , ok mistakes can be made , But the blatant lie regarding them being a breeding pair is just mis-selling , these fish need artificially injecting with hormones to induce spawning in aquarium's .

Her stock list ? well up until many people pointing this out to her she was selling , F1 firefish.F1 Jacob Eureka colour select , F1 Albino firefish, F1 OB fire , another innocent mistake as her husband describes their exposed antic's?. , IMO I don't think so for one minute ! .

read this reply from Kim when a member asked her what F1 meant ,

Quote " Kim Revitt F1 are born form wild parents and F2 are born from F1 then they go to tank bred, all mad if you ask me lol but people like to know and lots of people think F1 and F2 are better fish, but there all good " .

I will let you make your own mind up after reading that reply from Kim :wink:

This again put's me back to her post that prompted this post , Quote Kim Revvit " can rip people off for lots of money" , It seems to me that this Lady actually describes her very own antic's when trying to discredit others ?

I would also have doubt's of the authenticity of the F1 fish on the same stock list knowing it was impossible to get a wild caught Firefish to have F1 Firefish for sale when the seller know's dam fine what F1 means in the Malawi world of fish keeping !

To further insult the member/buyer's intelligence , she constantly say's how they are hobby breeders and are a non profitable outfit , yet on another post on the same group brag and advertise that fact how many fish they are buying in ? , so many contradictions it beggars belief that she could even think she will be believed by anyone with half a brain ?

I was always led to believe that hobbyist breeders sold the young produced from their own fish to help pay for their hobby and licensed pet shop's and traders bought fish in to re-sell and kept the relevant record's accordingly ?

Yet I see this women talking like a retailer numerous times on her group , thing's like "We have over 500 fish coming in this week watch this space " ,a lot of work risk and effort for a "non profit " outfit ?? :think:

Now my turn for a little food for thought dig at Mrs Rivvet , Buy with confidence folk's ?? , this is very confidence inspiring stuff from Kim .

And the Breeding tank , WOW , I really need to quote Kim again from her post about us "when they are clearly Hybrids!!" , Here is a video of one of her breeding tank's .

I really think the Rivvet's need to get their own house in order before looking through our window :wink:

To summarise this post , We were well aware and watching Kim Rivvets antic's for some time now but like I said previously it was none of our business what they were up to and the level of deception that they did until they made it our business and involved us in it by telling lies about us and the spin and innuendo they printed regarding us. So in her word's " If anybody tries to show me up! I will name and shame them" , I did in this instance take her advice .

Thankyou for taking the time to read this and hope you understand why I felt it was time to do a post like this explaining things how they actually are without the Kim spin .
Tony & Clare - UK's largest dedicated home breeders of Malawi Cichlids
http://www.tonysafricancichlids.co.uk
Tony
TOP POSTER
TOP POSTER

Re: Facebook seller exposed , (The truth)

Postby mrvillicus » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:29 pm

do they have a licence tony?
mrvillicus
EGG
EGG

Postby Clare » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:33 pm

We don't know. We doubt it very much going by the disclaimers about being purely hobbyist breeders.
We supply high quality, home bred Malawi Cichlids to the UK http://www.tonysafricancichlids.co.uk Next day courier £15 Sat courier £26
Clare
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby MikeO » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:36 pm

Tony - It's just a shame you had to waste your time doing all this. I know you would have rather spent the time doing better things, but I understand how emotive it can be when idiots like this do such things.

I've said it before a couple of times - People who know, already know, and don't buy from people like this and don't pay a blind bit of notice to their nonsense. People who don't know, eventually will learn.

Chin up buddy - Just keep doing the right things - You have nothing to worry about from these jokers :)

Oh - Pleased to say my arrivals from you t'other week are all settled, pecking order has been decided - The male Londo is playing a "dominant peacekeeper" type role - He is keeping everyone in check without being aggresive. Almost like a good headmaster in school :D - He is awesome, and a rather handsome chap (as were all of them - the Cobue are going to be stunners when they are mature!
MikeO
FRY
FRY

Postby Tony » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:42 pm

Great to hear they are settling in nicely Mike and you are pleased with them :tu:

Regarding this post , yeah I could have been doing better things but sadly I felt it needed saying with proof all in one place instead of all the bickering and school playground stuff across the facebook group's :tu:
Tony & Clare - UK's largest dedicated home breeders of Malawi Cichlids
http://www.tonysafricancichlids.co.uk
Tony
TOP POSTER
TOP POSTER

Postby MikeO » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:47 pm

Yeah - I know it's hard to hold back when muppets like this try and make you look bad. Take comfort in the fact that they are just making themselves look like fools at the end of the day :tu:
MikeO
FRY
FRY

Postby James » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:55 pm

:text-goodpost: Tony :tu:
James
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Postby Clare » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:10 pm

Had to be done though. Fed up of bad advice and googled knowledge being given. Then we get people coming to us to fix it.

About time people open their eyes and see there are 2 sides to the Malawi hobby. Truth and lies and the ones who lie can be that good they believe it themselves. :tu:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
We supply high quality, home bred Malawi Cichlids to the UK http://www.tonysafricancichlids.co.uk Next day courier £15 Sat courier £26
Clare
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby Hambuna » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:18 pm

Tony :text-goodpost:

Whilst I'm on here though, just checking if you managed to get me a pair of either the ...

WC Sciaenochromis Fryeri Sp Blue Ice 'Kimba Bay'
or
WC Labidichromis Sp Hongi SRT 'Rivett Isl'

For that breeding project we discussed - sorry to pester but I really do need these ASAP as there's a massive demand out there for some F1 Juvies :doh: :doh: :doh:

Keep sane, Keep cool & but most of all keep your sense of humour :dance:
Hambuna
FRY
FRY

Postby Clare » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:26 pm

That tickled me...... :tu:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Clare
ADMIN
ADMIN

Next

Return to LFS & Online retailers.