Forum

AquaRank.com

fluval g6 review

for all your product, food, and so on reviews

fluval g6 review

Postby paul2667 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:27 pm

The Fluval G6 brings aquarium filtration to a whole new level – instead of merely repackaging an older version of the product, there are actually a good amount of features that have been considerably redesigned. Not only does this system use efficient hardware, but it uses computerized systems to monitor and control its operation. Lets discuss the different aspects of the operation of this superlative filtration system. The Fluval G6 is easy to set up and equally pleasant to operate – it is extremely easy to access both the pre-filter cartridge and the chemical one. As a matter of fact, Fluval has a special quick release system specially designed to make cartridge changing elementary. This system ensures that you do not have to open the main body of the device to change cartridges.

Besides this, the main systems of the Fluval 6 are completely computerized. Digital controls monitor everything from conductivity to water temperature – and of course there are monitors for the all important flow rate. Results can be displayed either as numbers or as a graph, and the system even gives out alerts if the device is due for maintenance or a cartridge change. Everything is shown on an easy to read LCD, making the Fluval truly one of the most sophisticated and easy to use systems on the market.

Then there's innovation – not content to remain with the static systems that have been handed down from generation to generation of filtration systems, Fluval has included some innovative, interesting and highly innovative technologies in this package. Like the pleated cartridge that this system uses to filter out wastes. Unlike filtration foam, this cartridge does not need changing when it gets clogged. And the cartridge can handle a much higher capacity and a greater flow as well. As if all this weren't enough, the cartridge works better at filtering too, taking a much greater percentage of waste from the filtered water. All you have to do is to rinse the cartridge regularly, and the water in your aquarium will be crystal clear and completely free of impurities.
Pros and Cons:

The good points: As I've already mentioned, this filtration system is state of the art. Some of the best features about it include:

Easy to change cartridges – cartridge changing can acually be done without dismanling the body of the unit
Computerized systems with clear displays
Advanced filtration systems that clean waste far more efficiently

Negative aspects:

There are a few negative aspects, of course. These include:

The price – despite their obvious efficiency, these remain some of the most expensive filters
The outer body of the filter is easily scratched and damaged, and this can spoil the way it looks in the long run
Opaque pipes make it difficult to assess when the pipes need to be cleaned. Of course, the computerized flow indicator partially offsets this problem

Manufacturer Specs
Fluval G6 Advanced Aquarium Filtration System with FREE Phosphate Cartridge

Fluval G6 Advanced Aquarium Filtration System with FREE Phosphate Cartridge

Computerized precision and aquarium filtration combined for the first time into one sleek, efficient canister filter package with the Fluval G6 Advanced Aquarium Filtration System. Intelligent design uses a microprocessor and LCD display to analyze and report real-time performance, water parameters and cleaning intervals to determine a realistic maintenance schedule and define inefficiencies. New quick-release, top-access filter cartridge prefilter system allows for the fastest media changes available and causes less disturbance to biological filtration than traditional canister filters. The Fluval G6's 3 Large biological media baskets maximize water flow for complete saturation. Double-wall canister design eliminates motor noise for silent operation. Includes: 1 mechanical cartridge with carbon 1 Pre-Filter cartridge Enough G-Nodes biological media for both media baskets 10 ft. hose 2 output nozzles and spray bar attachments Telescopic intake and intake strainer 2 Cross rim assemblies AquaStop System Quickstart Guide and manual on CD
paul2667
FRY
FRY

Re: fluval g6 review

Postby Clare » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:42 pm

I would love one. Really would but I could never warrant spending the money.
We supply high quality, home bred Malawi Cichlids to the UK http://www.tonysafricancichlids.co.uk Next day courier £15 Sat courier £26
Clare
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby paul2667 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:43 pm

i think to costly and to much can go wrong like anything computorised ideal if u like gadgets
paul2667
FRY
FRY

Postby Deak » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:08 pm

way too expensive, i will wait till they get all the bad feedback from customers and build version 2 next year lol
Deak

Postby paul2667 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:24 pm

i prefer my fx5 at least its reliable been scouring the net and alot of peole r saying about the noise but the out flow stonger than it says but with all the tech inside 1 thing goes wrong u could completly f---k ur tank up
paul2667
FRY
FRY

fluval g6 review

Postby dkm » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:08 pm

I have had a g6 since they first came out. Its been faultless IMO. Brilliant and been worth the extra £££££. Has never let me down in last year and a half or so.

The best bit for me is the ease of changing the mechanical and chemical prefilters without having to even open the main unit. Two minute job to change both.

Would buy again but i am a GADGET freak.

Dave
Procrastination is the thief of time. Probably!
dkm
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Postby Barry » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:18 pm

How much are these filters then? Second mortgage job is it?

They sound good though :handgestures-thumbup:
Image ImageImage
Barry
TOP POSTER
TOP POSTER

fluval g6 review

Postby dkm » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:38 pm

£349!
Procrastination is the thief of time. Probably!
dkm
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Postby daveyboy » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:58 pm

cant say ive seen these fiters for sale anywhere but at that price i would not of brought one anyway.
daveyboy
TOP POSTER
TOP POSTER

Postby panfield » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:23 pm

Just my opinion but it seems to me that anything that is packed with electronics, i.e. cars, phones, printers, etc will sooner or later will have problems.
I mentioned printers as I have an Epson, which, after 18 months stopped working and showed a message that said I had to take it to an Epson dealer to get it fixed. In other words throw it away and buy another. I looked on the net and found some free software that reset all the counters. It has worked fine ever since, that was 2 years ago. As far as I'm concerned, Epson deliberately built in that fault electronically. Or maybe I'm paranoid.
It just seems like overkill to me, selling us stuff with features we didn't know we wanted.
I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member. - Groucho Marx
panfield
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Next

Return to Product