JUVENILE

Re: SENEYE FISH MONITOR

Postby seb421 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:31 am

seb421
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Postby daveyboy » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:36 am

they do look good however how are they callibrated and so on they are also very expensive you can get all the liquid test kits for a fraction of the price of one of these.
will be interesting if someone decides buys one and does a review of there own though
daveyboy
TOP POSTER
TOP POSTER

Postby Deak » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:36 am

iv got my name down for beta testing lol doubt il be trusted with one though
Deak

Postby seb421 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:18 am

Found this about it before I finally went to sleep last night.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/blog/seneye

seneye+

seneye will also offer an optional monthly subscription to a service they call seneye+ ($8 USD, 7 Euro, or £6). seneye+ benefits include:

replacement slides (used for NH3 and pH monitoring), delivered to your door each month.**
email and SMS alerts. seneye also employs predicative software which can alert subscribers about impending dangerous conditions before they occur.
automatic online graphing
personalized advice based on analysis of your data
access to seneye's knowledge base

** You may wonder why seneye's pH monitor requires replacement slides while other pH monitors do not. The benefit of slides is their simplicity. seneye made the conscious design choice to eliminate the need for calibration - a time-consuming upkeep that is required (but often neglected) by users of electronic pH probes. One of the main design goals of the seneye device is to simplify monitoring/testing for all aquarists (new or experienced), but without jeopardizing accuracy due to user error or neglect. seneye deemed replacement slides as the best (and safest) way to achieve this.
seb421
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Postby Clare » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:40 am

I have seen these recently for beta testing. Fantastic if you have the funds to keep it calibrated as anything which measures stuff like that needs it regularly. Also very good for the gadget mad people. :handgestures-thumbup:
We supply high quality, home bred Malawi Cichlids to the UK http://www.tonysafricancichlids.co.uk Next day courier £15 Sat courier £26
Clare
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby seb421 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:39 am

I am a bit gadget mad lol, but like the idea of being able to see what's going on from afar appeals to me, temp is great for me this room is prone to overheating

as for the subscription I would consider it if the unit doesn't need to be plugged into a switched on laptop / pc to function, if it could be used wireless and had its own mail sever and ftp client built in then this would be great but unsure at the moment if it requires an active connection to a pc to do its thing.
seb421
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Return to Product