Forum

AquaRank.com

led review

for all your product, food, and so on reviews

led review

Postby daveyboy » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:30 am

as most of you are awair my t5 ballest packed in the other week and was going to cost me £50+ to replace it so although i have always been sceptical about wether or not led's could be a suitable replacement for me as i just could not see them being bright enough when i was so used to two t5 marine white on my tank
i decided to bite the bullit and give them ago.
after doing loads of online searches looking at all different led's on the market i stumbled upon a ac advert for led's i will put the link up at the end of my review.
anyway i phoned the guy up his name is dave by the way and explained that my t8 ballest had packed in and that i was concidering replacing the t8s with led's and could he please advise me what would be required to light my five foot tank and told him the dimentions.
dave was really helpfull and explained that he sells the solid state led's and said that they in his opinion they were the best on the market he adviced me that he thought that to light my five foot tank i would require 1x power adapter 1x four way splitter 2x strips of nine white and 1x strip of nine blue led's moduals and said that that should be enough to light my 5ft and that it would povide a fabulouse lighting effect for my tank i told him i was not sure wether or not about the blue led's and he told me that if i decided once i had installed them on my tank that the blue led's were not for me then i could return the blue ones and he would replace them free of charge so i took him up on his offer and went ahead with the purchase.
after a couple of days my leds arrived and i put them onto my tank and instantly found that i really did not like the blue led's so i phoned dave up to tell him and he said no problem send the blue led's back to him and he would make me another strip of nine white led maduals to replace the strip of blue whilst i was on the phone to him i said that maybe because i like my tank really bright that i whould buy another strip of white as well making it a total of 4x strips of nine white moduals.
once again after only a couple of days my led's arrived and i installed them onto my tank these solid state led moduals by the way are very easy to put on your tank as they come ready made up and give you two options either screw them to the tank hood or use the double sideded sticky tape on the back of the moduals.
i turned them on to give them a quick try and they apeard to work fine and i was very surprised just how bright they were happy that they were working fine so i turnd them off as i only have my tank light on at night.
as it wasd getting dark later that night i turned the led's on and all sempt fine with them at first however after about 30 minutes or so the leds started to flash so i quickly unpluged them to find that the power adapter was really hot so i phoned dave up to explain what was happening and once again he was very helpfull he work out that the power adapter was slightly under power for 4x strips of nine led moduals and apolagized for the mistake and told me to uncouple one of the strips of leds and try the adapter again running just three strips this worked fine and he said that he would send me free of charge another power adapter and four way splitter and again true to his word a couple of days later the second power adapter and four way spliter arrive so i installed these on my tank plugging two strips into two adapters and was overjoyed by the effect of all four stripes working fine and i have had no further problems with the leds in fact they have far exceeded my expectations.
so just to sum up my whole experiance
dave is a great guy very helpfull throughout he is also very honest and true to his word the product is of a very high quality and a good price too very simple to install on you tank as its basically a plug and play system excellent after sales custumer service
so all if you are looking for led's for you tank then i personally whould recomend you give him a try :handgestures-thumbup:
here is the link to his advert
http://www.aquarist-classifieds.co.uk/p ... 202042.php
daveyboy
TOP POSTER
TOP POSTER

Re: led review

Postby wee billy » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:43 am

seemed like u got good advice all the way thru with setting up ur leds.good luck with them davey :handgestures-thumbup:
wee billy

Postby kelly » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:47 am

Brillant to read this as I have 9 ordered with him :handgestures-thumbup:
kelly
ADULT
ADULT

Postby wee billy » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:01 pm

what was wrong with ur blue leds m8
wee billy

Postby daveyboy » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:36 pm

wee billy wrote:what was wrong with ur blue leds m8

nothing was wrong with them i personally did not like the effect of them just my opinion though :handgestures-thumbup:
daveyboy
TOP POSTER
TOP POSTER

Postby cichlid crazy » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:41 pm

Nice one Dave, glad you got sorted out OK, also good to know he has excellent after sales care. :text-bravo:

Oh and by the way, I can't resist doing this but.............................. :text-lol: :text-worthless:
cichlid crazy

Postby daveyboy » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:58 pm

cichlid crazy wrote:Nice one Dave, glad you got sorted out OK, also good to know he has excellent after sales care. :text-bravo:

Oh and by the way, I can't resist doing this but.............................. :text-lol: :text-worthless:

:laughing-lettersrofl: :laughing-lettersrofl: :laughing-lettersrofl:
ill see if i can get some pics tonight :text-lol: :handgestures-thumbup:
daveyboy
TOP POSTER
TOP POSTER

Postby Frazfisher » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:44 pm

Good info Dave :handgestures-thumbup:
Frazfisher

Postby Mr Cobue » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:09 pm

Good to hear you got it sorted Davey. Just wish some breeders were as efficient at customer service as Dave

Daft question but are the blue LEDs to run in conjuction with the White ones or to be used solely as moonlights?
Mr Cobue

Postby daveyboy » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:53 pm

Mr Cobue wrote:Good to hear you got it sorted Davey. Just wish some breeders were as efficient at customer service as Dave

Daft question but are the blue LEDs to run in conjuction with the White ones or to be used solely as moonlights?

you can you'se them how you wish paul i think he also sells dimmer controlers and timers and so on too but you will have to ask him with regards to those :handgestures-thumbup:
daveyboy
TOP POSTER
TOP POSTER

Next

Return to Product