Forum

AquaRank.com

Aquarium Hood / Lighting

for all your product, food, and so on reviews

Aquarium Hood / Lighting

Postby andy_mackay » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:19 pm

Hi all,

As you may have seen from my pics in the My Tank section my aquarium is currently open topped with just some condensation covers protecting my kids from throwing things in! :text-lol: Altough the malawis did seem to like the red london bus they got in!

Anyway, Im not very good at DIY and wanted a hood for my aquarium and found this one on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aquarium-Tank-Hoo ... 1c13053031

Just wondering what you guys thought of it and if it was worth the buy it now price or indeed anywhere else i could get a hood of this size for a reasonable price.

Ml loving dad who is an ex joiner is building me a stand as its currently on an Ikea TV bench but goes by the old school joinery wheere everything weighs a ton so doesn't want to try a hood incase it crushes the tank!

Thanks
andy_mackay
EGG
EGG

Re: Aquarium Hood / Lighting

Postby Jimbo » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:42 pm

get you dad to build one to match the cabinet. It will look much better in the long run and wont affect the condensation covers.
The one on e-bay looks like you could have trouble trying to fit them in as the lip sits inside the glass.
Jimbo

Postby andy_mackay » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:54 pm

Cheers guys,
The glass is 1.5cm thick. I've tried explaining it to him but he's a stubborn old fart! lol

I'll just buy some "extra" supplies and "find" them when he's finished doing the cabinet! lol Then he'll do it for me!
andy_mackay
EGG
EGG

Postby Jimbo » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:01 pm

:laughing-lettersrofl: :laughing-lettersrofl: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:
Jimbo

Return to Product