Forum

AquaRank.com

Aquarium Hood / Lighting

for all your product, food, and so on reviews

Aquarium Hood / Lighting

Postby andy_mackay » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:19 pm

Hi all,

As you may have seen from my pics in the My Tank section my aquarium is currently open topped with just some condensation covers protecting my kids from throwing things in! :text-lol: Altough the malawis did seem to like the red london bus they got in!

Anyway, Im not very good at DIY and wanted a hood for my aquarium and found this one on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aquarium-Tank-Hoo ... 1c13053031

Just wondering what you guys thought of it and if it was worth the buy it now price or indeed anywhere else i could get a hood of this size for a reasonable price.

Ml loving dad who is an ex joiner is building me a stand as its currently on an Ikea TV bench but goes by the old school joinery wheere everything weighs a ton so doesn't want to try a hood incase it crushes the tank!

Thanks
andy_mackay
EGG
EGG

Re: Aquarium Hood / Lighting

Postby daveyboy » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:38 pm

i suppose it not to bad a price for the size of it. how thick is the glass on your tank though as it whould save alot of money if your dad could make the hood out of wood as long as the hood sits snug to the top edge of the glass all the way around the tank i carnt see you having a problem with the tank giving way
daveyboy
TOP POSTER
TOP POSTER

Postby Jimbo » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:42 pm

get you dad to build one to match the cabinet. It will look much better in the long run and wont affect the condensation covers.
The one on e-bay looks like you could have trouble trying to fit them in as the lip sits inside the glass.
Jimbo

Postby andy_mackay » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:54 pm

Cheers guys,
The glass is 1.5cm thick. I've tried explaining it to him but he's a stubborn old fart! lol

I'll just buy some "extra" supplies and "find" them when he's finished doing the cabinet! lol Then he'll do it for me!
andy_mackay
EGG
EGG

Postby Jimbo » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:01 pm

:laughing-lettersrofl: :laughing-lettersrofl: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:
Jimbo

Return to Product