Forum

AquaRank.com

eheim air pumps

for all your product, food, and so on reviews

eheim air pumps

Postby colinmac » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:48 pm

got one of these delivered today as my other 2 were getting very loud,and could hear them upstairs,sounded like the missus had left something on in her bedside cabinet :text-lol: ,got the 200 model,twin outlet for my fry tanks and must admit can't hear a thing from it,sorry abdul that i reccomended the air tech pump but that ended up being the loudest :teasing-tease:
colinmac
ADULT
ADULT

Re: eheim air pumps

Postby mbunasam » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:58 pm

colinmac wrote:sounded like the missus had left something on in her bedside cabinet :text-lol:

:text-lol: :text-lol: Same here mate. Neighbours must think they live next door to a nymph. Fortunately it packed in so got another one
mbunasam

Postby Byron » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:24 pm

they are good 1s i have a couple
Byron
EGG
EGG

Postby kelly » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:15 pm

I have an eheim 400 in my malawi tank. It's brillant very quite and 2 outlets and 2 adjustable bubble balls included.
kelly
ADULT
ADULT

Postby kelly » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:58 am

Changed my mind on he eheim 400 they are crap after about a year. I now just keep mine for a spare the noise would drive you nuts and there's hardly any flow coming out of the 2 outlets now stick to the tetra ones from now on had them as long and they are still quite and still the same flow as when 1st bought
kelly
ADULT
ADULT

Postby daveyboy » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:49 am

hi kelly
have you tried cleaning the filter on the pump as a dirty filter will reduce the presure of the pump and also make it work alot harder therefore making it mutch louder :handgestures-thumbup:
daveyboy
TOP POSTER
TOP POSTER

Postby kelly » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:12 am

Had pulled it apart and looked at it, there was nothing wrong with it they are just crap :handgestures-thumbup:
kelly
ADULT
ADULT

Postby daveyboy » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:32 am

you do not need to pull it apart to clean the filter of the pump it is on the bottom of the pump and if the filter is dirty it will reduce the flow of the filter and make it more noisey also diaphrams become warn and become weak after a period of time and possibley by replacing them the pump would produce more preasure i have run these pumps in the past and these were the main things that go wrong with them and they have to be kept maintained to keep them running at peak performance other than this i always found them to be really good air pumps but whatever air pumps you use they will eventually lose performance if rutine maitanence is not kept up with. just a thought :handgestures-thumbup:
daveyboy
TOP POSTER
TOP POSTER

Postby kelly » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:57 am

Sorry put that wrong filter cleaned on regular basis, something started rattling inside so pulled it apart but nothing seemed to be lose. And it still rattles and it has never been dropped on water gotten into it :handgestures-thumbup:
kelly
ADULT
ADULT

Postby daveyboy » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:03 pm

:handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:
daveyboy
TOP POSTER
TOP POSTER

Next

Return to Product