Forum

AquaRank.com

flexible led light strips

for all your product, food, and so on reviews

Re: flexible led light strips

Postby bigbadalex » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:24 am

I know that, but the £40 Ikea lights I bought aren't bright enough, so I want pics before I part with another £60 :)
bigbadalex
FRY
FRY

Postby Adie » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:32 am

bigbadalex wrote:I know that, but the £40 Ikea lights I bought aren't bright enough, so I want pics before I part with another £60 :)

Thats beacuse they are designed for household use so they wont be as bright, some of the new led's are now producing 10000k spectrum.
Adie
SEMI-ADULT
SEMI-ADULT

Postby bigbadalex » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:00 pm

Adie wrote:
bigbadalex wrote:I know that, but the £40 Ikea lights I bought aren't bright enough, so I want pics before I part with another £60 :)

Thats beacuse they are designed for household use so they wont be as bright, some of the new led's are now producing 10000k spectrum.

And plenty of folks on here and elsewhere swore the Ikea ones where plenty bright enough:) I want pics....and not just of the leds on a roll.
bigbadalex
FRY
FRY

Postby Becca » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:05 pm

I bit the bullet and ordered the Daylight 6000k in 1500mm and a controller........£61.00 with P+P. :handgestures-thumbup:

Hopefully its not too bright....most likely get the moonlight next month :text-lol:
Becca

Postby Adie » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:15 pm

6000k should be spot on Becca, I,m going for the moonlight first so maybe we can compare lights once they are installed.
Adie
SEMI-ADULT
SEMI-ADULT

Postby Becca » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:06 pm

Yeah- and maybe swap :text-lol:

Wishing id gone for the moonlight first now :doh:
Becca

Postby Ray » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:06 pm

:text-worthless:
Ray
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Postby Coln » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:09 pm

Frazfisher wrote:it looks like you need 1 controller per strip, i would have hoped you could plug more than that into 1
looking forward to seeing a tank set up with them in the december issue

The controller powers up to 5 metres of leds, so you could have 3 strips on separate timers
Coln
FRY
FRY

Postby Becca » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:03 pm

How would you do that Col??

Do the LEDS have a seperate power cable to the controller?? or can the led strips click into eachother?
Becca

Postby Coln » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:11 pm

Would think it would be one output from the controller but joint the cable 'properly' and then
run the separate cables thru individual timers, simples ish
Coln
FRY
FRY

Postby Jimbo » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:36 pm

bigbadalex wrote:
Adie wrote:

And plenty of folks on here and elsewhere swore the Ikea ones where plenty bright enough:) I want pics....and not just of the leds on a roll.

think if you look back , I said they produce a much more natural light, but not as bright as fluorescents.
Jimbo

Postby chrismcguire30 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:54 pm

Would be carefull modifying your L.E.D. strips as you'll void the warranty. Don't understand why you'd use timers unless you wanted the lights to operate one at a time. If you wanted to use a timer just use one. In fact just looked at the lights if you wanted to use three strips you'd need three drivers or you could just run a long length 3 times up and down your tank no problem, or homemade joints required. As for the timer just buy a timer plug to go between your led driver plug and your socket power supply. I have installed similar lighting into a college foyer recently and it is amazing stuff I was most impressed with it. Raising the temperature of the lighting to 9000k is ingenius, my hat goes off to the idea!!!
Carpe diem, you never know what tomorrow will bring.
chrismcguire30
FRY
FRY

Postby bigbadalex » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:26 pm

Jimbo wrote:
bigbadalex wrote:
Adie wrote:

think if you look back , I said they produce a much more natural light, but not as bright as fluorescents.

I know Jim:) Wasn't having a dig!
There's nothing more subjective than lighting a tank and we all know what we want from a light system:)

I'd just like to see a review and some pics of these in use before I go out and buy another set of Ikea disks, just in case its going to give me a better result:)
bigbadalex
FRY
FRY

Postby Becca » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:10 pm

Still not received mine :handgestures-thumbdown:

Have emailed them but No response yet?
Becca

Postby Becca » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:47 pm

Well they sent me a confirmation email of order, then an invoice receipt and a delivery notification email...but i just checked my bank and cant see any withdrawals from them??????

Very strange.

Think i'll phone them tommorrow to see what the crack is :handgestures-thumbup:
Becca

Postby Becca » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:42 pm

Am getting mine tommorrow by special delivery...apparantly!
Becca

Postby mikehcfc » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:20 pm

Saw these lightings earlier today.Look brilliant and the light they show is immense(note i saw my friends pictures not them in the flesh)Cant remember where he had said he had seen them.
mikehcfc
SEMI-ADULT
SEMI-ADULT

Postby sasha5577 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:39 pm

Has anyone installed these LED's from QE Global ?
sasha5577
FRY
FRY

Postby Frazfisher » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:44 pm

Becca has, I am sure she will post when she sees this
I bought led's from eBay and they are superb
There is a thread on here about them but I am on my phone and can't put the link on from it
I found them brilliant and will be using them in my new tank
Frazfisher

Postby sasha5577 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:55 pm

Was looking on Ebay, but they seem very cheap compared to the QE Global ones, is there a big difference in the intensity of the light. How many did you put in your tank and what size is the tank?
sasha5577
FRY
FRY

Next

Return to Product