Vic Haps for ID

Here you can talk about all Victorian Cichlids.

Re: Vic Haps for ID

Postby Paul B » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:25 pm

Hi Caz, any chance of squeezing some info from the person you got them from regarding when and where they came from. Even if this was many years ago anything will help. I remember some being available from Holland cichlids almost 5 years ago and can be found at Aquabeek and Verduijn from time to time.
The people i have learnt to trust with vics have agreed it is Labrochromis but unsure if it is Ishmaeli that was maintained at Leiden or sp."stone" that hasnt been in the hobby for many years and has disappeared. If you have Ole's book page 204 has a pic of "stone".
My guess is that it is Ishmaeli, these are rarely seen at such a mature size and younger fish just look like a washed out sp.44.

Here is the thread on ... =2024&PN=1

To be kept as your hippo points with plenty of prawns in its diet, should do fine with those funny looking fish you have them in with
Image Image Image Image
Paul B

Re: Vic Haps for ID

Postby cichlid crazy » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:03 pm

Thanks Paul, I'll try and find out some more info off the guy we bought them from, haven't got Ole's book so will have a look at yours when I next see you, any chance you can put the bottom of these photos on there too so they can see the stress colours, that was taken very soon after we introduced them into their new home, they're also getting prawn every other day as that funny looking fish needs them so he doesn't munch his tankmates. :text-thankyoublue: :text-lol: :text-lol:
cichlid crazy

Return to Victoria