Forum

AquaRank.com

Vic Haps for ID

Here you can talk about all Victorian Cichlids.

Vic Haps for ID

Postby cichlid crazy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:11 pm

We have been given a 2m1f trio of large sized adult Vic cichlids and need some help with an ID confirmation please, don't care if they're mutts as they're nice fish, the 2 males are 6-7 inches and the female is 4-5 inches, one thing we have noticed which is backwards to our other fish and that is the barring display on the dominant and sub-dom male is the opposite way round to what we normally expect, the dom male shows barring more than the other which shows blotches:
Both males, dom male is at the top:
Dom Male:
Sub dom male:
Female:
cichlid crazy

Re: Vic Haps for ID

Postby Becca » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:17 pm

Nevr mind the vics, i wanna see a full body shot of the better fish in pic 1 :teasing-tease:
Becca

Postby cichlid crazy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:19 pm

:teasing-tease: :teasing-tease: :teasing-tease: you already have it was pic 10 in the last photo comp :laughing-lettersrofl: :laughing-lettersrofl:
cichlid crazy

Postby Becca » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:33 pm

Pic 9 actually :teasing-tease: - he your kipili?
Becca

Postby cichlid crazy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:35 pm

Ahh I got the number wrong but yes its him, will put some different pics up soon as he poses for the camera the tart. :laughing-lettersrofl: :handgestures-thumbup:
cichlid crazy

Postby Becca » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:36 pm

His mask isnt as defined as i would expect- does it go infront of his eyes more or is it just the pic?
Becca

Postby cichlid crazy » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:14 pm

Thanks to Paul B for a phonecall this morning we have a likely id on these haps, Paul said have a look at Labrochromis sp Stone but via google we can only find pics of the Labrochromis Ishmaeli and some look spot on.....................apparently extinct in the wild courtesy of the Nile Perch.
Sorry Jim but I'm gonna be naughty and put a link up to another forum (its in Dutch) but halfway down the page is a pic of these, I have a few other photos and our fish show exactly the same markings as the fish on the link:
http://www.nederlandsecichlidenforum.nl ... 26&start=0
cichlid crazy

Postby cichlid crazy » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:30 pm

cichlid crazy

Postby Paul B » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:40 pm

Hi new Paul B here ;-)

certainly looks like Labrochromis something, send me the links caz and i will ask our euro friends.
Image Image Image Image
Paul B
SEMI-ADULT
SEMI-ADULT

Postby cichlid crazy » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:49 pm

Got 1 more pic up of 1 of the males in stress colours:

cichlid crazy

Next

Return to Victoria