Forum

AquaRank.com

war

Here you can talk about all Victorian Cichlids.

Re: war

Postby Paul B » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:34 pm

Jimbo, some of these strains such as the senga and kissenda were only at Hull Uni'. Since the fish went over to Ole Seahausen in Switzerland , more individuals found their way out into European hands. This would be how he came by these fish. There is also a chap in Sweden who studied at Hull (i think) who has an impressive collection of vics and also deals with Marco.
Also on the American site you can follow the thread regarding the recent purchase of fish from Europe to America, of which include strains once maintained at Hull. They are stuck on the run way due to the volcano !

The bottom line is we have done a poor job at keeping these fish and would be prudent for Lekh not to mix these fish together if there is the slightest question regarding their purity. I have never made it secret i refuse to acquire my vics in this country as have wasted a lot of time and effort on fish that have turned out wrong.

Hopefully over time as more people get involved with these fish and learn from each other more pure strains can be kept - hopefully !
Last edited by Paul B on Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image
Paul B
SEMI-ADULT
SEMI-ADULT

Postby Paul B » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:56 pm

The Pundamilia nyererei kept at Hull were "kissenda" - "makobe" - "python" - "senga"

No ruti !
Image Image Image Image
Paul B
SEMI-ADULT
SEMI-ADULT

Postby cbryan1976 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:05 pm

Paul, is there some site that has the victorians catalogued clearly?

I've seen a few of these vic forums and their photo sections, but i'm still confused.

Speaking of vics, new advert on AC tonight:
http://www.aquarist-classifieds.co.uk/p ... 169950.php

I'm off to Exmouth this weekend for some Met. Msobo, shall I swing by these guys?
cbryan1976
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Postby Paul B » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:41 am

Chris, these were part of the group of fish i passed on the other month just to find them on ebay the next day - leave well alone. I have loads of neochromis but would not mix well with your fish.
I think the chap with the Msobo's is ok :handgestures-thumbup: a friend of his has been to mine a couple of times but be cautious of a Matt & Susie.

Your welcome to pop in to me on your way through to pick up the rock kribensis.
:handgestures-thumbup:
Image Image Image Image
Paul B
SEMI-ADULT
SEMI-ADULT

Postby cbryan1976 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:22 am

Just heard back from the Msobo chap. He does seem ok (even tho he originally listed them on AC as Tropheus Something, until I pointed out what they were...) but unfortunately I've just heard from him this morning that his Msobo are far too small for my tank - 1" - and judging by the rate people are buying he won't have any left by the time they're big enough..

Anyway, not wanting to highjack this thread, but I can give those vic-sellers' house a drive-by egging!
Are the Neochromis too boisterous or quiet for the mix I've got?

You're by race-course/tesco then?
What you reckon of the LFS Something Fishy? Got my first malawi ever from there, a yellow lab that I've still got - he's a cracker too.. :text-threadjacked:
cbryan1976
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Previous

Return to Victoria