Forum

AquaRank.com

war

Here you can talk about all Victorian Cichlids.

war

Postby daveyboy » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:11 pm

just got back and turned the lights on my tanks and found that war had broken out in my pundamilia nyererie mokobe tank whitch has culminated in two of my males fately injuring each other im absalutely gutted as one of the males whitch was injured was a stunning dominant male they have been living in the same tank now for a good while and although every now and then there were miner face offs no actual pysical contact had acerd i have notticed a few of the females were trying to get some attention of the males but they haddent seemed to be bothered.
as luck would have it i have two back up males and have now intruduced the to the tank and strait away they have started showing of to the females so fingers crossed.
Last edited by daveyboy on Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daveyboy
TOP POSTER
TOP POSTER

Re: war

Postby cichlid crazy » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:16 pm

Sorry to hear your 2 top males have done this but unfortunately this can often happen, just when ya think its safe.......................... :violence-axechase: :angry-argument: :violence-axechase:
its also not uncommon for the Vic males to go off/ignore females and vice-versa, we have had this happen with our Ruti Island Nyereri before now. :handgestures-thumbdown: :handgestures-thumbdown:
cichlid crazy

Postby LIKOMAMAN » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:44 pm

cichlid crazy wrote:Sorry to hear your 2 top males have done this but unfortunately this can often happen, just when ya think its safe.......................... :violence-axechase: :angry-argument: :violence-axechase:
its also not uncommon for the Vic males to go off/ignore females and vice-versa, we have had this happen with our Ruti Island Nyereri before now. :handgestures-thumbdown: :handgestures-thumbdown:

hi caz can you send pics of your ruti please never seen one before
LIKOMAMAN

Postby cichlid crazy » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:09 pm

Only have a couple of half decent pics with the male in full colourLekh, think the 1st pic was used on the 'other forum's' profiles which is why its got my name on it and the 2nd pic is a really old shot of his face:

cichlid crazy

Postby LIKOMAMAN » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:15 pm

stunning where did you get them from
LIKOMAMAN

Postby cichlid crazy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:49 am

They were our first Vics and we got them off ebay about 3 or 4 years ago as F1's, we saw the adult WC male and he was awesome. :handgestures-thumbup:
cichlid crazy

Postby daveyboy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:04 am

yes they are stunning caz :handgestures-thumbup:
i know that both malawi and victorians are unpredictable but that is just the caracature that i love but it still guts me when i lose some due to fighting.
but every cloud has a silver lining and by putting in the back up males one of the females is now holding so it looks like they were just waiting for there chance to impress the lady's. :text-lol:
daveyboy
TOP POSTER
TOP POSTER

Postby cichlid crazy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:23 pm

Well congratz on the holding female then. :happy-jumpeveryone:
cichlid crazy

Postby Paul B » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:19 pm

when they reach a certain age your better off with just the 1 male and several females.
the same thing could happen with the rest of the males you are adding.

I may be able to acquire some nyererei ruti very soon
Image Image Image Image
Paul B
SEMI-ADULT
SEMI-ADULT

Postby Tony » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:58 pm

alanastar wrote:when they reach a certain age your better off with just the 1 male and several females.
the same thing could happen with the rest of the males you are adding.

I may be able to acquire some nyererei ruti very soon

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: smuggling again :teasing-tease:
Tony & Clare - UK's largest dedicated home breeders of Malawi Cichlids
http://www.tonysafricancichlids.co.uk
Tony
TOP POSTER
TOP POSTER

Next

Return to Victoria