Forum

AquaRank.com

Haplochromis thereuterion advice?

Here you can talk about all Victorian Cichlids.

Re: Haplochromis thereuterion advice?

Postby Duds1000 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:09 pm

So Toni,
you bring in fish too? I was going to pop into you last week! im sorry I didnt now, i will be back down England soon it would be good to come and see how to look after so many tanks!!
Duds1000
EGG
EGG

Postby Paul B » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:43 pm

toni wrote:all i have to pay for fish outside europe when importing is a B.I.P charge of £2.50 per box,so long as there are no cites fish in there im ok :handgestures-thumbup:

So what would happen if you had ordered cites listed fish ?
Image Image Image Image
Paul B
SEMI-ADULT
SEMI-ADULT

Postby Tony » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:52 pm

alanastar wrote:
toni wrote:all i have to pay for fish outside europe when importing is a B.I.P charge of £2.50 per box,so long as there are no cites fish in there im ok :handgestures-thumbup:

So what would happen if you had ordered cites listed fish ?

hi paul,

i dont order cities fish,but even if i did the reputable people i deal with would advise me that they are cites fish and not send them.

i have never resorted to smuggling fish as thats :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :handgestures-thumbup:

if you got caught with cites fish the penalties are severe.and if defra find out it was you that actualy imported the fish yourself and not bought them in all inocence then wow...just throw the key away,

i hope thats answered your question paul :handgestures-thumbup: sleep well :text-lol:
Tony & Clare - UK's largest dedicated home breeders of Malawi Cichlids
http://www.tonysafricancichlids.co.uk
Tony
TOP POSTER
TOP POSTER

Postby Paul B » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:11 pm

not really,

I did read up on this beforehand and all that was required from me was a contact from where they came and what was actually in the box. This was almost 3 years ago tho. I am sure they have bigger fish to fry ........... i hope :text-lol:

My interests are with continuing the maintenance of such fish regardless, i do not see the logic behind restricting keeping these fish - it should be encouraged.
I am more surprised not to see Haplochromis thereuterion listed on the IUCN ! this must be some mistake ?

one day tony you will partake in a serious discussion if it kills me :teasing-tease:

Duds1000 i sort of hyjacked this thread :text-imsorry:
Image Image Image Image
Paul B
SEMI-ADULT
SEMI-ADULT

Postby Duds1000 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:35 pm

No problem Paul thats what forums are all about , no need to say sorry :handgestures-thumbup:
Duds1000
EGG
EGG

Postby Jimbo » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:40 pm

Tony....serious discussion :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Jimbo

Postby Paul B » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:16 am

Tell me about it :text-lol:

You can just tell he spent most of his time at school sat at the front of the class :laughing-lettersrofl:
Image Image Image Image
Paul B
SEMI-ADULT
SEMI-ADULT

Postby Jimbo » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:40 am

:laughing-lettersrofl: :laughing-lettersrofl: :laughing-lettersrofl:
Jimbo

Previous

Return to Victoria