Forum

AquaRank.com

Trip to France

Here you can talk about all Victorian Cichlids.

Trip to France

Postby Paul B » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:34 pm

Unable to attend the AFC in Paris i was offered some fish if i could make it across soon after. Luckily there were offers in the paper for the weekend after.
A calm trip across the channel on an empty brand new vessel was pleasant enough although found the floor more comfortable than the reclining chairs.

After filling the car we were offered to see the local fish club house just 20 minutes away.

Paid for by the mayor all they have to pay is the insurance - just cant see this happening over here.
Lots of tanks - lots of fish........

The above fish is ( i think ) Maravichromis Melanonotus , there was a tank full of fry but all my hint dropping got me nowhere. Maybe next time, the male was a beauty.

They do not like to encourage stripping females and have a great little home made hatchery that allows the fry to swim through the holes before mum tries to eat them. Kindly gave me one to try and not a hint in sight.

And finally a stupid grinning English plonker and a slightly nervous Frenchman
Last edited by Paul B on Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Image Image Image Image
Paul B
SEMI-ADULT
SEMI-ADULT

Re: Trip to France

Postby Becca » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:07 pm

Wow thats a nice full car :text-lol:

:text-coolphotos:
Becca

Postby Paul B » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:55 pm

Becca wrote:Wow thats a nice full car :text-lol:

:text-coolphotos:

I still had to get 8 boxes of wine and beer in, my passenger almost had to walk back to the ferry :laughing-lettersrofl:

Now for some vics at the club house.
Lipochromis sp. "Matumbi hunter"

Pundamilia Nyererei Ruti Island

Pyxichromis orthostoma

You can see lots more at http://www.haplochromis.org/forum/ on the English speaking section. :handgestures-thumbup:

Astatotilapia latifasciata
Image Image Image Image
Paul B
SEMI-ADULT
SEMI-ADULT

Postby Becca » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:59 pm

I have to say Paul- Vics have the most peculiar head shapes dont they :laughing-lettersrofl:

Love the Astatotilapia and Ruti island :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

Those rainbows are nice aswell!!

How comes they wer'nt sharing the Maravichromis???
Becca

Postby colinmac » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:24 pm

wicked looking fish mate,looks like it was worth the journey :handgestures-thumbup:
colinmac
ADULT
ADULT

Postby mbunasam » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:53 pm

:text-worthless: of beer and wine :text-lol:
mbunasam

Postby Frazfisher » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:28 am

good pics
really like the rainbows , i used to keep them 1 of my favourite tropicals :handgestures-thumbup:
Frazfisher

Postby cichlid crazy » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:26 pm

Great set of photos Paul, they certainly have some good quality fish there, have all the fish you brought back settled in OK? :handgestures-thumbup: :text-coolphotos:
cichlid crazy

Postby Paul B » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:10 pm

cichlid crazy wrote:Great set of photos Paul, they certainly have some good quality fish there, have all the fish you brought back settled in OK? :handgestures-thumbup: :text-coolphotos:

Settled in really well thanks caz, all are still quite small but the thereuterion must be 3-4 inches and havent travelled as well as the younger fish. Had to put the trio of P."red heads" in with them which i would have preferred not to but space is tight.
I could easily fill 6 more tanks right now so i could be in trouble as they grow, and have holding females with nowhere to put them.

On a different note, have you tried feeding the hippo points any snails ?
Image Image Image Image
Paul B
SEMI-ADULT
SEMI-ADULT

Postby cichlid crazy » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:57 pm

On a different note, have you tried feeding the hippo points any snails ?

We have Malaysian Trumpet Snails in most of our tanks Paul, if they've eaten them then thats fine with us as its another species having free food and helping keep the numbers of snails down. :handgestures-thumbup:
cichlid crazy

Next

Return to Victoria