Forum

AquaRank.com

Tropheus Tank

Here you can talk about all Tanganyikan cichlids.

Tropheus Tank

Postby ditchy76 » Tue May 08, 2012 1:54 pm

Hi
I have just started keeping tropheus and currently have some duboisi and red eye in the tank. I have excellent filtration in there and it's well oxygenated.
My question is how do i stop the tank looking like the water is just filled with bubbles? I am circulating the water very well but obviously the bubbles are being picked up and all i want is a nice clear tank. I know this may sound like a daft question but if anyone has any secrets to stop this happening then please let me know. I dont want to take the air pump out of the tank as i know with tropheus you have to make sure the tank is well oxygenated.
Also if anyone has any good tips on how to get the very best from these fish then i am open to any advice I can get.
Thanks
ditchy76
EGG
EGG

Re: Tropheus Tank

Postby nathanmiller2131 » Tue May 08, 2012 5:07 pm

You could keep the air in the corner of the tank.
65 Gallon

10 Labidochromis Mbamba
1 Labeotropheus Fuelleborni
nathanmiller2131
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Re: Tropheus Tank

Postby funkyfish » Tue May 08, 2012 5:15 pm

if you are using an airstone... take it out. If its bubbles from to much surface movement then drop the filter outlet slightly so that it is dragging less air into the water. If the air bubbles are coming straight out of the filter outlet then maybe you have a tiny air blockage in the filter, just give the filter a shake to get it out :tu:

basicly you need to find out why there are bubbles in the water then take the action required to correct it :wink:
Sometimes i wake up grumpy... sometimes i let her sleep in...
funkyfish
SEMI-ADULT
SEMI-ADULT

Return to Tanganyika