Forum

AquaRank.com

Lamprologus multifasciatus

Here you can talk about all Tanganyikan cichlids.

Lamprologus multifasciatus

Postby boebrummie » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:39 pm

i have bought a fluval edge 23l tank, and want to house these fish in the f edge. Is there a limit to how many i should put in there. and is there any other fish that i could house with them
many thanks
boebrummie
EGG
EGG

Re: Lamprologus multifasciatus

Postby Fly » Thu May 10, 2012 12:35 am

I've a similar size tank with 6 multifasciatus at the moment, which I think is about right for the capacity. I wouldn't put any other fish in there with them in a tank that size - I've had them in far larger tanks and they're very territorial little beasts, so there's little room for anyone else in there if you want to see them at their best. Better to give them all the space available and watch them develop their own little colony, which is quite a wonderful thing to see. And you just might have enough space to watch them bring up their next generation, as long as you have somewhere else to move them to when they're full-grown. :) Fantastic fish and it will be more than worth the effort.
Fly
FRY
FRY

Re: Lamprologus multifasciatus

Postby Clare » Fri May 11, 2012 9:39 am

I agree totally with Fly. :tu:
We supply high quality, home bred Malawi Cichlids to the UK http://www.tonysafricancichlids.co.uk Next day courier £15 Sat courier £26
Clare
ADMIN
ADMIN

Return to Tanganyika