Forum

AquaRank.com

Bubble Tip Anemone Hosting Skunk Clownfish

Post any other fish pics here - marine, cold water, plecs,etc

Re: Bubble Tip Anemone Hosting Skunk Clownfish

Postby cbryan1976 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:11 am

Triangulum wrote:Thank you Ben, Appreciated.

Could'nt agree with you more, I don't have the paitence with Marines anymore. I was lucky yo work with Marines in my last job, Along side all other Freshwater etc. I agree with you interms of the aquascaping, it is very limited, especially on a budget. But I'm telling you now, If you have the money, it's well worth the hassle.

Scott

One thing that rolled through my head recently was the idea of a marine garden... if you can't beat the algae, then join it.. In my previous tank I beat the slimey brown and green stuff, but had one or two spots where long, bright green strands of algae grew... and I was just thinking it might be cool to actively encourage that stuff, until you had a rippling lawn across a some flat rocks like the f/w planted tanks you see... bit of macro algae growing around the edges, and some brightly coloured marine fish swimming over it.. could work? It's just keeping the brown sludge away that'd be the issue I guess.. I found it went pretty quickly when I got some phosphate remover..
cbryan1976
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Postby Triangulum » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:30 am

cbryan1976 wrote:
Triangulum wrote:Thank you Ben, Appreciated.

Could'nt agree with you more, I don't have the paitence with Marines anymore. I was lucky yo work with Marines in my last job, Along side all other Freshwater etc. I agree with you interms of the aquascaping, it is very limited, especially on a budget. But I'm telling you now, If you have the money, it's well worth the hassle.

Scott

One thing that rolled through my head recently was the idea of a marine garden... if you can't beat the algae, then join it.. In my previous tank I beat the slimey brown and green stuff, but had one or two spots where long, bright green strands of algae grew... and I was just thinking it might be cool to actively encourage that stuff, until you had a rippling lawn across a some flat rocks like the f/w planted tanks you see... bit of macro algae growing around the edges, and some brightly coloured marine fish swimming over it.. could work? It's just keeping the brown sludge away that'd be the issue I guess.. I found it went pretty quickly when I got some phosphate remover..

I like your theory, But I've found that stringy algae you are describing, once thriving, take's over the whole LR and Corals, the main issue being the coral. Some Coral, inparticular hard coral deteriate rapidly. My personal opinion too, it looks awful.

Scptt
Triangulum
EGG
EGG

Postby cbryan1976 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:25 am

Probably right.. just remembered the algae patch being quite vibrant green and grass-like... I was suggesting it in a non-coral set-up as I wouldn't want to go back to corals again... I like my tanks easy to maintain :text-lol: Just really finding it hard to ignore clown tangs and sohal tangs at the moment.. also clown triggers keep sticking in my head.. :text-lol:
cbryan1976
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Postby Triangulum » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:32 pm

cbryan1976 wrote:Probably right.. just remembered the algae patch being quite vibrant green and grass-like... I was suggesting it in a non-coral set-up as I wouldn't want to go back to corals again... I like my tanks easy to maintain :text-lol: Just really finding it hard to ignore clown tangs and sohal tangs at the moment.. also clown triggers keep sticking in my head.. :text-lol:

Clown Triggers :clap: :dance:
Triangulum
EGG
EGG

Previous

Return to Non Rift lake fish