Forum

AquaRank.com

my new tank that gets delivered friday

Post your tank pics here

Re: my new tank that gets delivered friday

Postby Barry » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:02 pm

I agree with Davey Liam. Only you know what you like when it comes to rocks and substrate. I could tell you what I like but your taste may be different.

I believe the eco complete is good stuff but I've never used it personally. One of my tanks has slate and the other has sandstone.... and both have coral sand mixed with other sands to tone down the brightness of it a bit.
Image ImageImage
Barry
TOP POSTER
TOP POSTER

Postby liamb » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:06 pm

ye i no what you meen i might just add ocean sand and eco complete together to keep the ph up but im definetly going to get cobbles no matter what colour i had ocean rock in my last tank and iv gone of it to be fair. just dont no were to get some from yet. iv seena few tanks with it in and they look brill and really like how the colours of the malawis stand out more with darker backgrounds and rocks :tu:
liamb
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Postby Clare » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:26 pm

I wouldn't add coral sand just to raise the ph. For the amount of substrate you would have, it would not make that much of a noticable difference.
We supply high quality, home bred Malawi Cichlids to the UK http://www.tonysafricancichlids.co.uk Next day courier £15 Sat courier £26
Clare
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby liamb » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:27 am

what other way could i raise the ph clare?
liamb
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Postby Clare » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:46 pm

liamb wrote:what other way could i raise the ph clare?

Use malawi and victoria buffer. It all really depends on your current PH. What will you be stocking TB or wild fish? TB are more hardy to the lower PH ranges due to being bred in our water etc. Wilds can be kept at the boarline range which I think is 7 at the lowest.
We supply high quality, home bred Malawi Cichlids to the UK http://www.tonysafricancichlids.co.uk Next day courier £15 Sat courier £26
Clare
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby liamb » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:06 pm

im going to stocking f1 and tank breds. were would be the best place to get the buffer from? iv just tested my water ph and its around 6.8 to 7
liamb
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Postby Clare » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:29 pm

liamb wrote:im going to stocking f1 and tank breds. were would be the best place to get the buffer from? iv just tested my water ph and its around 6.8 to 7

If you want the buffer then ebay is the best bet but you would have to keep on top of adding the buffer as missing a week could cause a PH crash.

Your PH to be honest for quality F1 and TB is boarderline fine, buffering it would take it up a little too much I think and a accidental miss of adding one week could cause a devastating PH crash.
Clare
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby liamb » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:40 pm

ok well think once iv got it all setup and the fish in i will keep an eye on it and see if the fish are geting on then if its ok then just leave it :tu:
thanks again clare for the brill help and advice :text-thankyoublue:
liamb
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Postby Clare » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:55 pm

liamb wrote:ok well think once iv got it all setup and the fish in i will keep an eye on it and see if the fish are geting on then if its ok then just leave it :tu:
thanks again clare for the brill help and advice :text-thankyoublue:

Thats the best idea to be honest. Something I say alot in this hobby. Don't fix something that isn't broken and your PH is not Majorly low so as long as you are not stocking wilds or Tanganyikan's then I would say you will be fine.
Clare
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby macaroon » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:53 pm

absolute bargain mate good luck with it
macaroon
EGG
EGG

PreviousNext

Return to Tanks