Forum

AquaRank.com

My 175ltr tank

Post your tank pics here

Re: My 175ltr tank

Postby :: blade :: » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:30 pm

well that tank has no been removed to make way for my 3ft tropical tank, and my 1st 2ft tank will be going next to it and ill be setting it up as a nano marine setup, was going to do a mini malawi tank but thought it wouldnt be right for the fish :)
:: blade ::
EGG
EGG

Postby Clare » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:10 pm

:tu:

You can always go Tang shell dwellers, they are awesome.
We supply high quality, home bred Malawi Cichlids to the UK http://www.tonysafricancichlids.co.uk Next day courier £15 Sat courier £26
Clare
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby :: blade :: » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:13 pm

been told im not allowed the 2ft tank now :'(
EGG
EGG

Postby Clare » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:38 pm

Oh no. Sorry hun. :(
We supply high quality, home bred Malawi Cichlids to the UK http://www.tonysafricancichlids.co.uk Next day courier £15 Sat courier £26
Clare
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby :: blade :: » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:43 pm

i i shall persuade :D hopefully have my 3ft one back downstairs next weekend, so need to find a big tub to put my fish in so i can clean it out and swap everyting over, will put both stands next to each other and will see if i have to move it :D
EGG
EGG

Postby Clare » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:25 pm

Haha awesome idea. Update us with photos. I once got a new tank years ago. The man came in from from and remarked on it.... I said it's been there since forever, your just too busy to see it, I've cleaned it so you notice it now. He knew I was bulling but didn't have a good enough come back. :)
Clare
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby :: blade :: » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:31 pm

ha will see how it goes then get pics :D just been looking on ND Aquatics website so might have a new aqaurium as somepoint next yr :) 60x24x18, should be a decent size :)
EGG
EGG

Postby :: blade :: » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:39 pm

just got my last 3 bags of sand and turns out the 1st lot of sand is really fine sand and the new stuff is bigger, ive mixed the 2 together and started rinsing but the really fine sand just floated to the top or has formed a sand bubbles, hopefully ive got rid of the super fine stuff but will find out when i come to put it into my tank rinsed it for about half an hour now and everytime i nix it more floats to the top, altho there is a nice contrast with it with the fine and not so fine sand :) the new stuff is shiney and the other is dull, just need to get a plastic box to put my fish into now for when i empty the tank out.
EGG
EGG

Postby :: blade :: » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:59 pm

this is what is does on the water

should look quite good once done tho :)
EGG
EGG

Postby :: blade :: » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:39 pm

well i took the plunge and rescaped my tank :) took me aaages yesturday to strip down and clean and put back together, needed to get some more bags of sand as its abit flat but will fit them in sometime this week. but its a big difference, think i need some filter floss to get it that little bit clearer but not bad considering it was lastnight i finished it

before

after

need to sort the background out again as its all bubbled after squeezing it out :( but its a whole lot better than before, will be getting a few live plants for it eventually
EGG
EGG

PreviousNext

Return to Tanks