Forum

AquaRank.com

Venice Beach

Our good friend Dave sharing his experiences and photos from his trips to Lake Malawi.

Re: Venice Beach

Postby samdean1986 » Mon May 27, 2013 8:57 pm

Well i am young yet, i can have a dream of it on my bucket list :laughing-lettersrofl: :laughing-lettersrofl:

I need to get dive qualifications yet, but may look into it, 2200 for a fornignt is no more expensive than disneyland florida :text-lol: :text-lol: :text-lol:

Now i know public can do it i will be looking at getting some dive qualifications :text-lol: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost:
samdean1986
FRY
FRY
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:37 pm
Location: Taunton, Somerset, United Kingdom
Location: Taunton, Somerset

Re: Venice Beach

Postby booty » Tue May 28, 2013 6:16 pm

Great pics again nice one :text-coolphotos:
booty
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:05 pm
Location: staffordshire

Re: Venice Beach

Postby Dave G » Tue May 28, 2013 10:19 pm

Hi Sam

Cheapest and best way to learn to dive is with BSAC (British Sub Aqua Club). There'll be a local branch near to you!

I started with PADI in Egypt - but BSAC is a club - you'll get much more support!

Diving in Lake Malawi is a dream come true! Every location means different species!

So get yourself qualified! Once you're up and running (or swimming) you can come along with my gang! I could do with an extra Brit on safari!
User avatar
Dave G
JUVENILE
JUVENILE
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:28 pm
Location: Market Harborough
Location: Leics

Re: Venice Beach

Postby samdean1986 » Wed May 29, 2013 5:01 am

Dave G wrote:I started with PADI in Egypt - but BSAC is a club - you'll get much more support!

Diving in Lake Malawi is a dream come true! Every location means different species!

So get yourself qualified! Once you're up and running (or swimming) you can come along with my gang! I could do with an extra Brit on safari!


I will be definitely looking into it, my mrs has said that me and her could do it as us time and leave the kids with my mum so we can enjoy something together as when we fish, our 4 year old likes to join in so we do not really have a hobby of our own.

That sounds great, not sure how long it will take to become qualified but we are going to look into it this week as i am on annual leave at the moment. Off up country today though to see my nan, first time in 3 years so need to make a day of it as she is getting on in years.
samdean1986
FRY
FRY
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:37 pm
Location: Taunton, Somerset, United Kingdom
Location: Taunton, Somerset

Re: Venice Beach

Postby Dave G » Wed May 29, 2013 3:36 pm

samdean1986 wrote:I will be definitely looking into it, my mrs has said that me and her could do it as us time and leave the kids with my mum so we can enjoy something together as when we fish, our 4 year old likes to join in so we do not really have a hobby of our own.

That sounds great, not sure how long it will take to become qualified but we are going to look into it this week as i am on annual leave at the moment. Off up country today though to see my nan, first time in 3 years so need to make a day of it as she is getting on in years.


Hi Sam - My wife learned to dive with me. We had to wait til our kids had grown up before we could afford it. My wife loves diving now - but only in warm water. It takes about 3 or 4 days to get a basic dive qualification in Egypt. The Red Sea is a dream. We've got 2 trips planned. In November with friends (from dive club) and next April on a liveaboard (with dive club).

The only thing my wife won't do is come to Malawi on dive safari. Its basic (she likes luxury) and I'm with all my cichlid mates who are as fanatical about the fish as I am! No place for a non cichlidiot!
User avatar
Dave G
JUVENILE
JUVENILE
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:28 pm
Location: Market Harborough
Location: Leics

Re: Venice Beach

Postby samdean1986 » Wed May 29, 2013 8:59 pm

Dave G wrote:The only thing my wife won't do is come to Malawi on dive safari. Its basic (she likes luxury) and I'm with all my cichlid mates who are as fanatical about the fish as I am! No place for a non cichlidiot!


My Wife is crazier than me :text-lol: :text-lol: :text-lol: she loves all the colours and seems really keen on doing it, yea money may be tight but we will budget better, they say accountants are stingier than jews lol
samdean1986
FRY
FRY
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:37 pm
Location: Taunton, Somerset, United Kingdom
Location: Taunton, Somerset

Previous

Return to Dave G's Malawi Safari Exclusives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron



TONY'S AFRICAN CICHLIDS


RAK-AQUA


ZM SYSTEMS