Forum

AquaRank.com

Breeding Angels

For anything to do with any fish not from the African rift lakes., including, marine, cold water and all other cichlids.

Breeding Angels

Postby vicky » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:23 am

Has anyone gor experience breeding these? my brothers have bred but laid on his filter is there any way he can move them?
vicky
SEMI-ADULT
SEMI-ADULT

Re: Breeding Angels

Postby daveyboy » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:15 am

are the angels looking after the eggs if so i would leave the parents to look after them as they will fan the eggs with there fins and remove any unfertalized eggs and eggs that are developing any fungus.
the problem your going to get if you try to remove the eggs is that because they have laid on the filter removing the eggs without damaging them and also you will have to set up a small tank with an airstone to keep the eggs gently moving and add some methylene blue to the tank to prevent the eggs from getting fungus on them or you could try an egg tumbler the problem with useing methylene blue is it stains everything in the tank and filters and its a nightmare to clean off and some of the staining may become permanant i.e on the tanks seals and some other places
so bearing this in mind i would just leave the eggs on the filter and let the parents look after them angels useually breed every few weeks once they have started to breed and i would also surgest that you get some broard leaf plants in the main tank as these will provide exellent places for the angels to spawn and lay there eggs next time around i always found this with my breeding pair when i used to keep them angels are very good at looking after and defendig the eggs and young so dont worry to mutch :handgestures-thumbup:
daveyboy
TOP POSTER
TOP POSTER

Re: Breeding Angels

Postby vicky » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:50 am

Many thanks for prompt reply, will pass on the advice :handgestures-thumbup:
vicky
SEMI-ADULT
SEMI-ADULT

Return to NON - Rift Lake Fish