Forum

AquaRank.com

Whisky barrel fish ponds.

For anything to do with any fish not from the African rift lakes., including, marine, cold water and all other cichlids.

Whisky barrel fish ponds.

Postby grinner » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:09 pm

Seen some half whisky barrels in b&m and I was thinking of creating a pond by joining 3 together with 110mm soil pipe and a pond filter and pump and liner, I just wondered if anyone had done or seen anyone do the same, lots of things to think about filtration,flow,and so on ,if anyone can see any problems or solutions it would be appreciated, cheers.
grinner
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Re: Whisky barrel fish ponds.

Postby samdean1986 » Fri May 24, 2013 11:25 pm

Weird, never thought of that one.... couldnt keep koi in it as the need a min depth of 1 metre :text-lol:
samdean1986
FRY
FRY

Re: Whisky barrel fish ponds.

Postby Clare » Sat May 25, 2013 9:08 am

I've seen them, the idea is great. Don't think the filtration would work well if in just one barrel. You could try a gravity pump for water movement and have a small pump taking water from last and giving it to the first. Then filter just the last but then again the first 2 would still be dirty and they would have to be on a gradient to achieve the gravity.

Then it doesn't matter if you're just having bog standards fish in it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
We supply high quality, home bred Malawi Cichlids to the UK http://www.tonysafricancichlids.co.uk Next day courier £15 Sat courier £26
Clare
ADMIN
ADMIN

Return to NON - Rift Lake Fish