Forum

AquaRank.com

Injured Bristlenose Plec

For all your lovely bottom dwelling fish. Share your expertise and show of your pics.

Injured Bristlenose Plec

Postby Darryl » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:20 pm

Not sure what has happened but our Bristlenose Plec has been injured, not sure who the culprit is but I know him and our Upside Down Catfish were at each other. This was due to the Catfish taking the Plecs hole.

Anyway the Plec has lost the cartlidge section of it's pec fin where the spikes are. He seems happy enough, whereas our catfish was a bit bloody and sulky in the corner. Will they ever grow back the cartlidge?
Darryl
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Re: Injured Bristlenose Plec

Postby Clare » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:28 pm

Probably not no but it may do. I have had plenty of cats over the years with battle scars. As long as they are still happy and healthy its just life.
We supply high quality, home bred Malawi Cichlids to the UK http://www.tonysafricancichlids.co.uk Next day courier £15 Sat courier £26
Clare
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby Darryl » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:29 pm

Here is a photo of the Upsidedown Catfish (not sure what variety), and looks well battered and I'm not sure he/she'll survive as he/she has had laboured/rapid breathing for the past 2-3 days. It's left and right side is very bloody :(

Darryl
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Postby Clare » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:52 pm

Yeah that does look rather sick. :(

I have not known of many upside down cats which have lasted too long in a general hobbyist Malawi tank to be honest. :(
We supply high quality, home bred Malawi Cichlids to the UK http://www.tonysafricancichlids.co.uk Next day courier £15 Sat courier £26
Clare
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby Darryl » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:35 pm

It was one of the inhabitants when we got the tank, my gf's brother bought it. Hardly ever see the poor little thing.
Darryl
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

Return to Catfish, Plecos and Bottom Dwellers